Anxiety & Depression
Specializing in Anxiety
Our fast paced culture can be a breeding ground for heightened stress and anxiety. So many factors can increase our likelihood to experience symptoms of anxiety. Anything from social media, constant negative news stories, natural disasters, toxic people, constant stress and trauma are just some of the things that can contribute to our increased worry, fear, and altered moods. Nearly 40 million people are affected with some of anxiety affecting almost 1 in 5 adults in the United States.*
Types of Anxiety:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety
- Perinatal/Postpartum Anxiety
- Health Anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Specific Phobias
As an anxiety specialist, I guide so you can break you free anxiety's powerful grip. Living in a constant state of worry can be paralyzing, and often prevent us from functioning in our day to day work and personal life. You may feel your life slipping away from you, and slowly withdrawing from the people and the things you once enjoyed and loved, and you don't know how to fix it. All you know is that you feel different, and wonder if you will ever feel “normal” again. Anxiety can take on the form of an invisible bully. Together, we will work to find a sense of peace and calm so you can experience joy and happiness in your life.
I am an anxiety specialist with a diverse counseling background that has allowed me to work with adolescents and adults over the last thirteen years. I integrate several practices that will help build reduce anxiety and increase resilience over time with the following:
- Gain greater awareness of your anxiety triggers;
- Help you understand how anxiety manifests in your psychological, emotional, and physical state;
- Develop a self-care plan that will help you manage anxiety;
- Provide customized, practical intervention exercises/tools/apps that work with your lifestyle;
- Integrate “positive wiring” to reframe negative or worst-case scenario mindsets;
- Integrate mindfulness techniques.
Building Your Resilience
Take the first step in overcoming anxiety and fear. Please contact me at email@example.com or 832-341-1870 to schedule an appointment.
*Source: Anxiety and Depression Association of America